- Colleges & Universities
Founded in 1831, Denison University is a leading national college of liberal arts and sciences where highly motivated students from across the country and around the world come to pursue academic inquiry and research, to analyze and solve problems, and to forge the skills needed to succeed in their personal, professional and civic lives.
Innovative faculty and a completely residential campus provide an integrated learning environment for students to develop as critical thinkers, perceptive moral agents and active citizens in a global community as they prepare for rewarding lives of purpose and impact.
On a beautiful, fully residential campus, students build enduring relationships and pathways to the professions, supported by faculty mentorship in classrooms, laboratories and studios; through a wealth of career-launch programs and internships; and in partnership with a thriving, far-reaching alumni network. Denison’s position as a national leader in higher education is recognized by “Colleges That Change Lives,” U.S. News, The New York Times, The Huffington Post, Forbes, Kiplinger's, The Princeton Review, and the Fiske Guide to Colleges, among many others.
- Denison University is one of the first colleges to be established in the old Northwest Territory.
- Denison's 2,100 undergraduates come from all 50 states and dozens of foreign countries.
- Denison's reputation as a national leader has seen a dramatic rise, and has been lauded by the top guides and rankings.
- Denison offers 48 separate courses of study and 12 pre-professional programs.
- DU?s 23 varsity athletics teams for women and men have won the NCAC All-Sports Trophy a conference-record 14 times.
Member EventsMonday Oct 21, 2019Tuesday Oct 22, 2019Michael Stickrod and Erin Kirwin, a local naturopathic doctor, will have a four month residency at Denison Art Space in Newark. ...read moreThursday Oct 24, 2019The Denison Museum and the Department of Classical Studies welcome Sarah Derbew. ...read moreThursday Oct 24, 2019Denison University’s Gordon Lecture Series welcomes Chief Data Scientist at Zymergen, Inc. Amelia Taylor, presenting ''Data Did That!'' ...read moreFriday Oct 25, 2019The English Department at Denison University presents the Julie Cartland Bogaert Student Reading Series. ...read moreFriday Oct 25, 2019Saturday Oct 26, 2019The Department of Music presents the 23rd Annual Denison Jazz Guitar Festival closing concert, featuring The Bobby Broom Trio. ...read moreMonday Oct 28, 2019Friday Nov 1, 2019Denison University welcomes Professor of Philosophy at the University of Queensland, Australia Bryan Mukandi. ...read moreFriday Nov 1, 2019The Vail Series presents Baker Tarpaga Dance Project presents “When Birds Refused to Fly” choreographed by Olivier Tarpaga. ...read moreThursday Nov 7, 2019Friday Nov 8, 2019Denison University’s Laura C. Harris Series speaker Heather Corinna presents a workshop, ''Mutually Inclusive: Self Defense Against Selfish Sexuality.'' ...read moreFriday Nov 8, 2019Denison University’s Department of Dance welcomes critically-acclaimed Chicago choreographer and Denison Alum Molly Shanahan presenting ''EX/BODY: wake, dam stee ...read moreSaturday Nov 9, 2019Tuesday Nov 12, 2019The Licking Land Trust celebrates their 30th Anniversary with Julie Zickefoose hosted by Denison University. ...read moreWednesday Nov 13, 2019Sunday Nov 17, 2019Denison University's Wind Ensemble presents a concert, directed by Chris Westover, featuring pianist Igor Lovchinsky ...read moreThursday Nov 21, 2019
Whom to Contact
- General NumberPhone: (740) 587-0810
- Admissions OfficePhone: (740) 587-6276
- Athletics OfficePhone: (740) 587-6580
- Finance OfficePhone: (740) 587-6262
- President's OfficePhone: (740) 587-6281
- Community RelationsPhone: (740) 587-8680
- Media RelationsPhone: (740) 587-6266
- Admin. ServicesPhone: (740) 587-6283
- Theatre Box OfficePhone: (740) 587-6527
- University LibraryPhone: (740) 587-6235
- University MuseumPhone: (740) 587-6255
- The Vail SeriesPhone: (740) 587-6787