- Colleges & Universities
Founded in 1831, Denison University is a leading national college of liberal arts and sciences where highly motivated students from across the country and around the world come to pursue academic inquiry and research, to analyze and solve problems, and to forge the skills needed to succeed in their personal, professional and civic lives.
Innovative faculty and a completely residential campus provide an integrated learning environment for students to develop as critical thinkers, perceptive moral agents and active citizens in a global community as they prepare for rewarding lives of purpose and impact.
On a beautiful, fully residential campus, students build enduring relationships and pathways to the professions, supported by faculty mentorship in classrooms, laboratories and studios; through a wealth of career-launch programs and internships; and in partnership with a thriving, far-reaching alumni network. Denison’s position as a national leader in higher education is recognized by “Colleges That Change Lives,” U.S. News, The New York Times, The Huffington Post, Forbes, Kiplinger's, The Princeton Review, and the Fiske Guide to Colleges, among many others.
- Denison University is one of the first colleges to be established in the old Northwest Territory.
- Denison's 2,100 undergraduates come from all 50 states and dozens of foreign countries.
- Denison's reputation as a national leader has seen a dramatic rise, and has been lauded by the top guides and rankings.
- Denison offers 48 separate courses of study and 12 pre-professional programs.
- DU?s 23 varsity athletics teams for women and men have won the NCAC All-Sports Trophy a conference-record 14 times.
Member EventsFriday Apr 26, 2019Denison University’s Department of Philosophy and the Titus-Hepp Lecture Series welcome Andrew Janiak. ...read moreSunday Apr 28, 2019Monday Apr 29, 2019Wednesday May 1, 2019The Denison Department of Music presents a student composers concert. ...read moreSaturday May 4, 2019Saturday May 4, 2019Denison University’s Cinema Department presents the 44th Annual Film Festival. ...read moreSunday May 5, 2019
Whom to Contact
- General NumberPhone: (740) 587-0810
- Admissions OfficePhone: (740) 587-6276
- Athletics OfficePhone: (740) 587-6580
- Finance OfficePhone: (740) 587-6262
- President's OfficePhone: (740) 587-6281
- Community RelationsPhone: (740) 587-8680
- Media RelationsPhone: (740) 587-6266
- Admin. ServicesPhone: (740) 587-6283
- Theatre Box OfficePhone: (740) 587-6527
- University LibraryPhone: (740) 587-6235
- University MuseumPhone: (740) 587-6255
- The Vail SeriesPhone: (740) 587-6787