- Colleges & Universities
Founded in 1831, Denison University is a leading national college of liberal arts and sciences where highly motivated students from across the country and around the world come to pursue academic inquiry and research, to analyze and solve problems, and to forge the skills needed to succeed in their personal, professional and civic lives.
Innovative faculty and a completely residential campus provide an integrated learning environment for students to develop as critical thinkers, perceptive moral agents and active citizens in a global community as they prepare for rewarding lives of purpose and impact.
On a beautiful, fully residential campus, students build enduring relationships and pathways to the professions, supported by faculty mentorship in classrooms, laboratories and studios; through a wealth of career-launch programs and internships; and in partnership with a thriving, far-reaching alumni network. Denison’s position as a national leader in higher education is recognized by “Colleges That Change Lives,” U.S. News, The New York Times, The Huffington Post, Forbes, Kiplinger's, The Princeton Review, and the Fiske Guide to Colleges, among many others.
- Denison University is one of the first colleges to be established in the old Northwest Territory.
- Denison's 2,100 undergraduates come from all 50 states and dozens of foreign countries.
- Denison's reputation as a national leader has seen a dramatic rise, and has been lauded by the top guides and rankings.
- Denison offers 48 separate courses of study and 12 pre-professional programs.
- DU?s 23 varsity athletics teams for women and men have won the NCAC All-Sports Trophy a conference-record 14 times.
Member EventsSunday Aug 25, 2019The Denison University Suzuki Music Program will be offering an information session for those who are interested in learning more about the program. ...read moreThursday Aug 29, 2019Denison University presents an artist talk with John Donnelly and Karen Snouffer. ...read moreSaturday Aug 31, 2019Denison Art Space in Newark holds an opening reception for “Between Worlds,” a collaborative exhibition by artists John Donnelly and Karen Snouffer. ...read moreWednesday Sep 4, 2019Denison University's Beck Series welcomes author David Lynn. ...read moreThursday Sep 5, 2019Fine arts Summer Scholars present their research. ...read moreTuesday Sep 10, 2019Thursday Sep 12, 2019Friday Sep 13, 2019Denison partners with Smart Columbus to host the second annual Ride and Drive event around campus. ...read moreFriday Sep 13, 2019Denison University's Laura C. Harris Series welcomes Uzoamaka Nwankpa performing “Surviving America - A Black Immigrant’s Story.” ...read moreWednesday Sep 18, 2019Denison University's Beck Series welcomes author Tayari Jones. ...read moreThursday Sep 26, 2019
Whom to Contact
- General NumberPhone: (740) 587-0810
- Admissions OfficePhone: (740) 587-6276
- Athletics OfficePhone: (740) 587-6580
- Finance OfficePhone: (740) 587-6262
- President's OfficePhone: (740) 587-6281
- Community RelationsPhone: (740) 587-8680
- Media RelationsPhone: (740) 587-6266
- Admin. ServicesPhone: (740) 587-6283
- Theatre Box OfficePhone: (740) 587-6527
- University LibraryPhone: (740) 587-6235
- University MuseumPhone: (740) 587-6255
- The Vail SeriesPhone: (740) 587-6787