Building Operator (Mechanic)
Description: The Building Operator will be responsible for carrying out assigned duties relative to the ongoing maintenance and monitoring of the C-TEC Facilities, equipment, and grounds. Some responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Perform Building and equipment inspections and respond to maintenance and repair calls
- Install, maintain and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems,
- Visually inspect/repair and test machinery and equipment, using electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new or repaired parts, following specifications and blueprints
- May fabricate parts or pieces for repairs
- Maintain/repair trucks, buses, tractors, mowers, and other machinery for operation
Qualifications: High School diploma or GED, Education credentials in Boiler and Chiller operations, Experience in troubleshooting Boiler and Chillers, BACnet (building automation) experience, Minimum of 5 years’ experience in general building maintenance or other maintenance responsibilities that would include the ability to recognize HVAC, electrical, plumbing and mechanical malfunctions or equipment failures.